IS PUNJAB DYING? (ASAAR NAZAR AA RAHE NE PUNJAB DI BARBAADI DE) (In Punjabi)
- In terms of literacy Punjab which stood at 11th place in 1971 now slips to 25th place
- In terms of per capita income which stood at No.1 place now goes down to 8 place
- About 50,000 industries in Punjab have either migrated to neighbouring states or closed down.
- Ground water table is faste going down. So much so in 20 years pumping of water will not be commercially viable for cultivation.
- Growth rate of Punjabi population is 0.9% where as the nations whose growth goes below 2.1% slowly begin to vanish from globe.
- Because of fall of growth Punjabi population is being replaced with Bhaiyya population from UP and Bihar who stick to their culture while in Punjab
This and many other points in this article in Punjabi. Please do not forget to enlarge the image to read it all.